Monday, September 6, 2010

The Obsession Within

Sometimes I sit to talk to myself,

When the world has nothing to offer.

I think of love and all its wealth

Then also, of how it can make you suffer.

To feel as low as the deepest sea,

A feeling that is no stranger to me,

To hold onto a simple dream,

Of something only I can see.

Sometimes I favor fire over ice,

I go towards the heart’s desire,

I forget, and I do not think twice.

I do adore the chill of ice.

I understand my own words when spoken aloud,

As I watch with my eyes closed, my world a thundercloud.

The beauty to behold so much greater than the sun,

I myself am the lonely one.

To feel regret for mistakes past,

The pain of which I pray would not last.

I often want what does not exist,

Too bad I also often live in ignorance.

I do not notice what I have in front of me,

Since all I think of is what could be.

I speak of only things I wish I could grasp,

Something to feel so perfect at last.

The dream that keeps me awake at night,

The same dream that is a nightmare to my own sight.

I face myself and I try to change,

But all in vain to what remains.

Oh how I wish I could grasp,

The simplest desires of my past.

I want the nonexistent dream,

For reality to be what is not seen,

Help me now dear friend,

For I feel the fire and ice will be my end.

No comments:

Post a Comment